Sometimes issues arise when streaming audio back and forth over Sessionwire's connection. Here are a few tips to troubleshoot thoroughly.
Trouble hearing talkback audio?
Here are some troubleshooting tips:
- Ensure that you can see your peer's "TB" meter moving in the mixer tray. If your peer has their Talkback microphone selected appropriately, signal will show in the mono meter in their mixer tray widget.
- Ensure that your "Speaker" selection is appropriate. Most use cases simply require the Speaker be set to the system's default output - just like any other video conferencing software. Click the dropdown arrow beside the microphone button on your local video pane.
- If working on a macOS machine and you're routing talkback audio into your DAW, open the Audio MIDI Setup window by navigating to Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI Setup. Once there, ensure that all Sessionwire Drivers (ToSW, FromSW, ToSW Talkback and FromSW Talkback) are set to 48kHz.
Trouble hearing HQ audio?
Here are some steps to troubleshoot the HQ audio stream:
- Check the stereo meters for the person who is streaming you HQ audio - ensure that signal is showing when they play their HQ audio.
- Ensure that your collaborator's HQ Audio Source is set appropriately - in most use cases it should be set to "Sessionwire Send Plugin".
- Ensure that your HQ Audio Destination is set appropriately - in most use cases it should be set to the system's default audio device, or a device that is certain to play audio.
- As above, ensure all Sessionwire drivers in the macOS Audio MIDI Setup window are set to 48kHz
If the above troubleshooting steps don't yield results, don't hesitate to reach out to us! The chat bubble to the bottom right of this web page is usually the quickest way to get a hold of someone. You can also reach out via firstname.lastname@example.org.